Grub wont open + Libarchive.so.13 deleted

Hello,

I turned off my computer while it was updating with pacman -Syu, then I found myself with the error “you need too load the kernel first” when trying to boot from grub.

I followed the instructions here to fix it [link](https://forum.manjaro.org/t/not-able-to-boot-after-kernel-update/95164/2)
but the step sudo pacman -Syu (while chrooting) didn’t work showing in my terminal libarchive had a small size then i deleted it (because i thought it was empty and that it would be created again) and now the message is

pacman: error while loading shared libraries: libarchive.so.13: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Does anybody knows how to recover this file and how to recover my linux?

:face_with_peeking_eye:
chroot again and then we will continue

I am chrooting right now, what do I need to do?

so you are already chrooted?

@brahma Yes, i wrote manjaro-chroot -a in the terminal (im booting from a usb right now)

so run update again, and copy the output here

This is my output [manjaro /]# sudo pacman -Syu
pacman: error while loading shared libraries: libarchive.so.13: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

try reinstalling it:
pacman -S libarchive

I already have and I have the same problem since I need the file.

This is the new output
[manjaro /]# pacman -S libarchive

try this:
pacman -S libarchive --overwrite '*'

I keep getting the same output :pensive:

and this:
pacman --overwrite=libarchive.so.13 -S libarchive

still the same

so copy the libarchive from the live usb into the installation
its located here:
/usr/lib/libarchive.so.13

Ok! That makes sense, gonna try it but how can I copy the file from the usb while chrooting? I only have access to my original system files
Sorry for the question but I’m a real newbie

Manually mount everything under /mnt and download pacman-static, and move it under /mnt as well. Then chroot and update with pacman-static.

what is the exact path to your home folder on your installation?
/home/yourusername?

Yeah it is that

so open new terminal and run this:
sudo cp /usr/lib/libarchive.so.13 /home/geekpotato1 -instead of geekpotato1 you use your user name

I dont find the file when I copy it, i do as you told me (the command doesnt show any message or error), then i chroot and go to /home/username and Im not able to find the file in order to copy it to the local /usr/lib/ (the one from my OS and not from the usb, which is what I need I guess…)