Grub Rescue while rebooting (manjaro dual boot)

I dual booted my lap which has win 10 with manjaro , my laptop has 128gb ssd(windows) and 1tb hdd. I partitioned 200gb from hdd for manjaro , and created root, home and swap in that partition , and i set boot/efi mount point in my ssd (fat32 partiton). And it is installed successfully , but whenever i reboot from manjaro/win , i go into grub rescue. But when if i choose manjaro from my bios , it boots into manjaro grub and i can boot to win/manjaro. I need help in resolving grub-rescue situation. please help

Reinstall grub from Manjaro GRUB/Restore the GRUB Bootloader - Manjaro

No luck , its still grub rescue only.

Reinstall GRUB properly (note: my answer are as good as yours, sorry, can’t tell more base on what you share)?

I did everything that was in that website , since my system is efi system , i booted manjaro from live usb and did all the steps.

you chrooted then from chroot you reinstalled grub and updated grub (see you still getting cryptic still don’t know what you did EXACTLY)?

I really doubt you did properly what the instructions told you. I may be mistaken but a GRUB reinstall, to me, would be the proper step to fix your issue.

Anyway here is starting point How to provide good information

lsblk -o PATH,PTTYPE,PARTTYPE,FSTYPE,PARTTYPENAME
PATH           PTTYPE PARTTYPE                             FSTYPE PARTTYPENAME
/dev/sda       gpt                                                
/dev/sda1      gpt    ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7 ntfs   Microsoft basic      data
/dev/sda2      gpt    ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7 ntfs   Microsoft basic data
/dev/sda3      gpt    0fc63daf-8483-4772-8e79-3d69d8477de4 ext4   Linux filesystem
/dev/sda4      gpt    0657fd6d-a4ab-43c4-84e5-0933c84b4f4f swap   Linux swap
/dev/sda5      gpt    0fc63daf-8483-4772-8e79-3d69d8477de4 ext4   Linux filesystem
/dev/nvme0n1   gpt                                                
/dev/nvme0n1p1 gpt    c12a7328-f81f-11d2-ba4b-00a0c93ec93b vfat   EFI System
/dev/nvme0n1p2 gpt    e3c9e316-0b5c-4db8-817d-f92df00215ae        Microsoft reserved
/dev/nvme0n1p3 gpt    ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7 ntfs   Microsoft basic data
/dev/nvme0n1p4 gpt    de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac ntfs   Windows recovery environment

This is my partition , and this is what i did ,
su
mount /dev/sda3 /mnt
mount /dev/nvme0n1p2 /mnt/boot/efi
manjaro-chroot /mnt /bin/bash
manjaro-chroot -a (this showed an error - manjaro-chroot not found)
pacman -Syu grub
grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=manjaro --recheck
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Done , and when i rebooted , it went to grub-rescue.

Chrooting to me starts at this point I don’t know why you did the previous steps, you only need to open a terminal, and type manjaro-chroot -a just that, then select your installation in the list it gives you, then you are chrooted. Your terminal changes when you are chrooted, it should go red color I think, look at it.

If you have error in a step, then ask yourself if it is the good thing to continue because if you have an error early but continue, don’t expect what you do after the error to work.

Also if possible, give the real output of terminal, with the output of each command. In theory from your live environment you should have internet.

//EDIT: I think you mixed the manual chroot and the auto chroot with manjaro-chroot

well , it did change to red color ‘manjaro /’ , so i guessed its already in manjaro-chroot , and continued…

I will try again this time and record everyting.

manjaro-chroot -a
grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1.  Check your device.map.
grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1.  Check your device.map.
==> Detected systems:
 --> 0) ManjaroLinux
==> Select system to mount [0-0] :

what should i do now , i tried typing 0 ,ManjaroLinux and it always says You can’t mount 0! or ManjaroLinux!

And whenever i mount root and boot/efi and manjaro-chroot /mnt /bin/bash , i cant use manjaro-chroot -a and i get the error ‘bash: manjaro-chroot: command not found’.

What should i do?

(PS - i am still in live environment.)

https://youtu.be/8hxLIua8SS4 I also tried this and it still boots into grub rescue

Sorry will need someone else with more patience and knowledge with your dozen partitions and weird setup. I can’t help more if you can’t chroot with the manjaro tool.
The error you mentioned refers to a drive you apparently don’t have, I don’t know what’s going on.

I am ready to reinstall manjaro(dual boot) , is there a proper documentation for this? ([HowTo] Dual-boot Manjaro - Windows 10 - Step by Step - Tutorials - Manjaro Linux Forum and [root tip] Dual boot Manjaro and Windows). I have installed manjaro a lot of times and i always get this error.

try typing 1
It is confusing - and I cant replicate because I don’t have this many partitions and drives
it was a bug in an earlier version of that tool
and maybe it is still this way
it tells you to type 0 for the first system
but it only succeeds when you type 1

I chrooted like a few weeks ago, and typed 0, it worked.

Maybe there is still a bug with his system but that’s odd (maybe OLD live environment?)

we just don’t know - I just suggested it since the intuitively correct response didn’t work

[manjaro manjaro]# manjaro-chroot -a
==> Detected systems:
 --> 0) ManjaroLinux
==> Select system to mount [0-0] : 
==> Mounting (ManjaroLinux) [/dev/sda3]
 --> mount: [/mnt]
 --> mount: [/mnt/boot/efi]
 --> mount: [/mnt/home]
[manjaro /]# pacman -Syu grub
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
warning: grub-2.04-15 is up to date -- reinstalling
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) grub-2.04-15

Total Installed Size:  49.06 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                     [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                   [######################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                        [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                  [######################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                [######################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling grub                            [######################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/2) Updating the info directory file...
[manjaro /]# grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=manjaro --recheck
Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
Installation finished. No error reported.
[manjaro /]# grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
Generating grub configuration file ...
Found theme: /usr/share/grub/themes/manjaro/theme.txt
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-5.9-x86_64
Found initrd image: /boot/intel-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-5.9-x86_64.img
Found initrd fallback image: /boot/initramfs-5.9-x86_64-fallback.img
Adding boot menu entry for UEFI Firmware Settings ...
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin
done

This is exactly what happened everytime except i had to mount chroot manually.
but this error occured all the time and i had to go to grub rescue.
grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1. Check your device.map.
grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1. Check your device.map
this time also it goes into grub rescue…

Now that I think about it, isn’t that ‘normal’ because of the USB drive and to be ignored?

yepp, thats normal and not the source of his trouble