GRUB doesnt show manjaro

Hi,

I’ve recently installed manjaro and also Grub 2 customizable. When I was in Manjaro I opened Grub2 and the only option to boot was Windows Manager. I saved (don’t know why😅) and now the grub menu only shows me windows and UEFI (and if I enter to bios the first option to boot is Manjaro).

Any idea about what to do?

Thanks in advace

Welcome at the forum, @Gori

Please explain what you mean with you installed Grub 2 customizable, what package did you install and how? Your whole story is a bit unclear, there is nothing to save in grub menue, so where did you save something and what?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Do you mean that you’ve installed and used grub-customizer? In that case, that’s what hosed your GRUB installation.

grub-customizer is in the repositories because we follow Arch, and Arch also has that package in its repositories, but the truth of the matter is that more often than not, grub-customizer completely ruins the boot loader configuration, especially given that Manjaro uses a heavily customized version of GRUB, with which grub-customizer is not compatible.

Here’s what you can do…

• Boot up from the live medium from which you installed Manjaro.

• Open up a terminal window, and in this terminal window, type the following command… :arrow_down:

su -
  • Enter the root password, and then issue the following command… :arrow_down:
manjaro-chroot -a
  • Select the root filesystem of your Manjaro installation if it’s not detected automatically.

• Enter the following commands… :arrow_down:

rm -f /etc/grub.d/*
pacman-mirrors -f 5 && pacman -Syyu grub
grub-install --no-rs-codes --recheck --modules="part_gpt part_msdos"
update-grub
sync && exit

Unless there are any additional problems that you haven’t told us about yet, you should now be able to reboot into your installed system. And please, please, please, don’t ever use grub-customizer again. In fact, I recommend that you uninstall it. :wink:

2 Likes