Greetd not start

sway-2107 fresh install, greetd not work.

check in the etc greetd folder. if i remember correctly the installer leaves the oem for autologin & the installer for session.

sorry was on tablet.
/etc/greetd/config.toml
here’s what mine looks like, user should be your name.

What does not work?

This should be an issue as it looks for the existence of the calamares-oem installer and if not found just quits the initial session, which is used for it.

yeah, i found it leaves oem as the user & the installer as the command.
oem should be replaced with new user name
command should be set to start sway

it’s like an incomplete install, i did the ctrl+alt+f2 to fix mine when i came back to sway.

i’m currently getting random lockups on sway, so i’ve fallen back to my backup raspberry os + i3.
i think it’s xwayland, i disabled xwayland in sway/config which just bought more time between lockups. didn’t really look into to deeply.

thanks guys, thought new release will fix issues but not.

since the firefox updated to 90, i haven’t had any lockups been running since this mourning.
played many videos & no lockups like it was doing yesterday.
my eyes are bad today, so i been running at 1280x1024 instead of 1920x1080, don’t know if that’s making a difference.

xwayland disable, cause firefox add new tab & close fail.

no issues here with that.
firefox is actually running perfectly for me.

forgot to mention i’m on unstable branch & using the mainline kernel. switched when i was trying to fix the lockups.
using an rpi4 4gb, sway on sd card.

sounds like you need to check your about:support make sure your running on wayland.

i’ve also done a few changes on my system, like swapping nautilus & gedit for pcmanfm-gtk3 & mousepad. the visual tweaks as you can see, to make things mouse friendly.

btw, wlroots updated, do we need sway rebuild?

Running on arm-testing here without issue.

i haven’t had issues since firefox updated to 90.
all the times it locked up i was using firefox.

currently not on sway though. found something interesting to play with.