Graphics LED above the power button is always orange

Hello
After installing Manjaro on the MSI laptop, I noticed that the LED above the power button is always orange, while I did not have this problem in Ubuntu.
To solve this problem, I changed the user environment to kde, but it didn’t work
I also changed the graphic mode to itegreated using optimus-manager, but the problem was still not solved
please guide me.
CPU i5 10th
GPU NVIDIA GeForce MX250

what is the purpose of this led?

It is stated in the msi documentation that :
The power button shows which graphics is currently in use. The power button lights amber when the discrete GPU is in use. Otherwise, it **lightswhite when the integrated GPU is in use
currently i’m using integrated GPU and my GPU temp is 30C

Ah the old Nvidia problem. I can’t help you because I avoid that hardware. But I can tell you it’s a common issue that is probably discussed in multiple threads here, the wiki and don’t forget to check out Arch help files, which maybe the best out there.

Is it a problem to use Manjaro with this situation?

After a lot of efforts and reading about the operation of the graphics card in Manjaro, I was able to solve the problem.
First, the graphics card mode should be changed to integrated. This can be done in optimus-manager.
Then with the help of this guide https://github.com/Askannz/optimus-manager#power-management
I changed the power management settings and the problem was solved.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.