Gnucash Package

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would like to install Gnucash.
Hardware is Pinebook Pro running Manjaro with updates, and Plasma Desktop.

moved to #arm as arm repositories (and therefore packages) are different.

Searching Manjaro - Branch Compare for arm architecture gnucash doesn’t give any hits - looks like it is not available.

1 Like

Yeah it’s only X86-64 at the moment.

Thanks all. I will put this on hold.

I am currently test building gnucash, to see if there is an obvious reason for Arch Linux ARM not to package it.

All the dependencies are present.

It seems to build fine on my end. So not sure why Arch Linux ARM is not building it as the x64 PKGBUILD builds fine if you just change the arch=() line to include aarch64.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I used to build gnucash from scratch on Raspberry Pi 4B with manjaro (but Pi was just too slow for me). Up to gc version 4.4, this worked:

sudo pacman -S make gcc pkg-config git base-devel ipset wxgtk2
 sudo pacman -S cmake gtest gmock boost gwenhywfar aqbanking libdbi libdbi-drivers guile-bytestructures swig perl-dbd-sqlite perl-dbd-mysql perl-dbd-pg perl-finance-quote cpanminus webkit2gtk
   mkdir ~/gnucash-build
   cd ~/gnucash-build
   cmake -S ~/gnucash-4.4/ -B ~/gnucash-build/
   make
   sudo make install
   sudo cpanm Date::Manip
   sudo cpanm Mozilla::CA
   echo '(yahoo_json "CSCO" "^IXIC")' | gnc-fq-helper

The last part made downloading quotes work. I was not able to use aqbanking with any of my accounts, but that might not be gnucash’s fault.

P.S. I just remembered to add a line where some components had already been installed previously to compile another program. Now I’m really sure AUR would make the process more reliable. :wink:

Can I cut and past this?

Feel free to try it at your own risk, but best to get the most recent gnucash instead.

Best of luck!

Before the keyboard died on me on my PBP, I ran Gnucash weekly for my home budgeting… I grabbed a aur package and put aarch into it. Worked fine. A little sluggish at times, but completely functional.

Sorry, I cant tell you which AUR as i’m waiting for a replacement keyboard at the moment.

It is early days but Gnucash is working. It compiled from the Gnucash 4.6 download. Thanks rf2020 - your input got me going - see above. During cmake, errors did crop up, but were overcome with the addition of modules that were not present for some reason. This was simply something like
pacman -S boost etc. The whole process took quite some time, expecially the last line using the gnc-fq-helper.
For others who may see this. It would be hard for me to describe a step by step method. You need some mid level linux knowledge and patience to work through compile errors. Once all modules were available to cmake it works ok.

There is a very simple way to do this.

1. wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/archlinux/svntogit-community/packages/gnucash/trunk/PKGBUILD
  2. nano PKGBUILD and add aarch64 to the arch=(x86_64) line, so it reads arch=(x86_64 aarch64). CTRL+o to save the file and then CTRL+x to close nano.
  3. Now simply run makepkg -scri and answer yes to install all the dependencies it tells you. Then it’s just waiting for it to build. When it’s done building, it will ask for your sudo password to install the built package.

Nice! Someone will need this. A good reference for Gnucash on the Pinebook Pro.

Do we need to mark this as closed or resolved?

If you are satisfied with an answer in this thread; mark the post that answers to your liking as Solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.