Gnome Wayland - No custom resolutions?

Do I seem correct in my searching that you can’t set a custom resolution in Gnome Wayland? I have a 3000x 2000 3:2 monitor on my laptop, and aside from the native resolution, Gnome Wayland doesn’t list any other 3:2 options. I can fractionally scale everything to an acceptable level, but the high resolution plus fractional scaling seems to be taxing my integrated Intel GPU and my Gnome animations are just not smooth.

There seem to be some suggestions about adding kernel parameters, but those posts seem to be for Ubuntu/Debian based systems, not Arch or Manjaro.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

Why can’t you leave it at 3000×2000?

Thanks for your reply. Waaay too small for my old eyes to read in 3000x2000, and co-workers I sometimes sit down with already complain they think my display text is too small on my laptop. That’s why I have it fractionally scaled to about %175. And that works well, but the combo seems hard on the GPU. My wife’s Gnome animations on a standard 1080p laptop are butter smooth, so I’m guessing the resolution plus fractional scaling are taxing the GPU. If I have to live with it, then fine, especially as the Wayland gestures in Gnome are terrific. I was just surprised there seemed to be no option for custom scaling or that, of the dozen plus resolution choices listed, Gnome didn’t give me any other 3:2 options.

Search for display. In display settings you can choose resolution.

Yes, but of the oven dozen resolutions listed, aside from the native resolution, Gnome Wayland doesn’t list any other 3:2 options.