Gnome status and tray icons, show application animation issues

• Gnome status icons suddenly look very “squeezed” when using Matcha theme with 30 pixel wide vertical Dash to Panel. I used to use a 29 pixels wide panel and that is no longer good looking. 32 pixels seems to be the new minimum.
    Screenshot from 2021-01-02 19-39-24

• The Show applications button animation is broken - it initially shows the menu for a split of a second and afterward runs the animation.

• Tray icons “shrink” if I run with a mouse over them (while using Dash to Panel extension).

1 Like

Hi,

The Show applications button animation is broken - it initially shows the menu for a split of a second and afterward runs the animation.

I have same problem since last update
Don’t know if it comes from my GPU
VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM204 [GeForce GTX 970] (rev a1)

I have the same thing with free or nonfree driver. I’m using a x11 session. I can’t test with wayland
Create a new sesion did’nt help

Seems like a Dash to dock bug, already fixed in “master”:

1 Like

After having uninstall dash to dock package I tried with the master from git but it didn’t help.
There is the same behavior with dash to panel.

But thanks Signalrunner

Signalrunner you were right

This problem is solved with the update of dash to dock bug with the skaldek version (fork?)

but not with the micheleg one

You are right. It’s a matter of waiting for the merger in the original then.

You can disable app grid animation in Dash to Dock options if it bothers you too much in the meantime . Or keep using the fork.

Will Dash to Panel receive the same fix?

In time I’m sure of it. But if you open an issue in their GitHub to inform them, maybe it will go faster.

1 Like

Hi,

For dash to panel, in the development version , the bug is already fixed. So i think it will be in manjaro as soon as the new dash to panel version comes out

No evolution for dash to dock in the official git version

(Sorry for my poor English)

2 Likes

The last dash to panel update in manjaro stable solved this problem.

But no change for the moment for dash to dock

An update with a fix for dash-to-dock is now available in unstable/testing.

1 Like

Stable, too. :wink:

1 Like