(GNOME) Manjaro doesn't boot into GUI after mutter-x11-scaling uninstall

Yesterday I tried getting Fractional Scaling to work on my PC. In the end, I did it by installing the mutter-x11-scaling package and running gsettings set org.gnome.mutter experimental-features "['x11-randr-fractional-scaling']. Then decided I didn’t like it (too blurry) and instead just move my display closer (lol).

Then disabled it with gsettings reset org.gnome.mutter experimental-features and uninstalled the mutter-x11-scaling package using sudo pamac remove mutter-x11-scaling.

After that, my Manjaro only booted into the terminal and my GUI stopped working. Tried several ways to restart the GUI ([sudo] xstart or [sudo] Xorg) and looked at some logs, but I couldn’t find anything there either.

I suppose I somehow accidentally uninstalled mutter or some other GUI package with mutter-x11-scaling and broke my GUI that way.

I would really appreciate some help. I’m quite new to Manjaro and Linux in general, but I’m determined to figure this stuff out.

It would be nice if you guys could tell me what logs etc. I should provide, since I don’t know which logs are of use to you guys yet.

Thanks a lot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Heya, it seems you have successfully removed mutter from your system. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Simply run sudo pacman -S mutter when you’re in a TTY, that should fix it i hope.

Hey, it didn’t, sadly. :frowning:
Tried rebooting after, ended up in a TTY again. And when trying to startx I still get the “Oh no! Something went wrong.” message :frowning:

Hmm, try also sudo pacman -S gnome manjaro-gnome-settings && sudo pacman -Syyuu and reboot.

1 Like

Wow, thanks a lot. Need to reconfigure my settings but it’s working now, thankfully. Thank you!! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.