Gnome does not take input after update gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock

I tried to upgrade with Pacman in terminal but currently it is still gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock-71+33+g53114b4-[1] instead of …[2]. Mirrorlist has been refreshed with --fastrack. Please kindly give notification if the newest package when it is available for upgrade. Thank you.

1 Like

I just did provide a notification. It takes time for all mirrors to sync.

2 Likes

i have similar problem i can login but the whole is black. nothing is responsive . It was working in the morning. there was an update related to gnome…When i try to login it does not open up. I cant even power off. I tried to open gnome classic then it opened up. How do you revert back ?

did you use pamac version to downgrade or manual option and how do we know the package name with all the extensions;
is that the one to downgrade
gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock-71 + 33 + g53114b4-1.pkg.tar.xz

Gnome classic works for me but not Xorg

good news i got the update and Gnome works. thnk you thnk you…I love Manjaro people

Update “version2” gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock-71+33+g53114b4-2 works now.

After Dash to Dock update “version1” gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock-71+33+g53114b4-1 my Gnome (X11) desktop got blank too. I wasn’t able to do anything, after clicking on the first icon.
I done the timeshift rollback.

The only thing I could do after update “version1” was to open the terminal as first click after login and disable the extension followed by reboot.

gnome-extensions disable dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com
reboot
1 Like

i just got the update and it works . thank you so much

Problem no longer there after upgrading to version 71+33+g53114b4-2 (note 2 at the end). You might want to look in different mirrors if you dont find this version yet.

Upgrading gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock solves the issue. Thanks :slight_smile:

Can confirm. Updating to gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock 71+33+g53114b4-2 solves the issue.

Today I updated to the latest version of this package - everything is ok, there are no problems.
@Yochanan do you need any information about my system to diagnose the problem?

I can confirm after updating gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock-71+33+g53114b4-2 it works properly. Thanks.

Watching the log might yield some useful info:

journalctl -f -o cat /usr/bin/gnome-shell

There are

logs
An active wireless connection, in infrastructure mode, involves no access point?
Timelines with detached actors are not supported
Can't update stage views actor <unnamed>[<Gjs_ui_windowPreview_WindowPreview>:0x55acb151f1a0] is on because it needs an allocation.
Can't update stage views actor <unnamed>[<ClutterActor>:0x55acb14f69b0] is on because it needs an allocation.
Can't update stage views actor <unnamed>[<ClutterClone>:0x55acb2352cd0] is on because it needs an allocation.
Can't update stage views actor <unnamed>[<StIcon>:0x55acae1d16f0] is on because it needs an allocation.
Can't update stage views actor <unnamed>[<ClutterActor>:0x55acb14f6cd0] is on because it needs an allocation.
Removing a network device that was not added
Removing a network device that was not added
Error loading calendars: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gnome.Shell.CalendarServer: Process org.gnome.Shell.CalendarServer exited with status 127
updates_checker.vala:71: check updates

No useful info there, unforutunately. Is that with gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock 71+33+g53114b4-1 or 71+33+g53114b4-2?

from the version that caused the problems.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.