Glib2 V2.66 breaks cifs operation in filemanager

Just updated to glib2 2.66.01 and checked my cifs shares. Can’t copy,remove etc on the remote host via Thunar or PcManFm, since the follwing message occurs:

Error when getting information for file descriptor: Numerical result out of range

The cifs shares are mounted in the home directory (not mnt/) . Ive seen a bug in gnome, but it has been closed.

Does anyone has more infos about this problem?

1 Like

If you just updated your system, fully updated it, please reboot.

That I did, then I tested it.
The same problem occurs on my other machine with Arch Linux.
Reverting to glib2-2.64.5-1 “solves” the issue.

In the bug mentioned above was one line that fits my setup:

This can also happen when at least some configurations of CIFS are mounted as a local VFS mount point.

The last comment mentions that:

This can also happen when at least some configurations of CIFS are mounted as a local VFS mount point.

And probably this commit will get to next update:

1 Like

Yep - I wasn’t sure if that patch has already made its way to manjaro… So I’ll wait for the next update. Thank you for your help - marking it solved

I have the same problem. I tried to downgrade the version of glib2 but then I had trouble starting my computer.

In the meantime I am using midnight commander to copy the files, waiting for an update to fix this problem.

Greetings.

with
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/glib2-2.64.5-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
I could revert it to the previous version (Kernel 5.4.67-1)

I did a downgrade of glib2, but then I had trouble starting the computer, so I returned it to the way it was.

I do not know this command.
But arch just pushed 2.66.1 and it works. So it will be with manjaro shortly !

1 Like

Meanwhile, installing this https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/glib2/download/ solves the problem. Weird regression. coudn’t copy files between ZFS datasets…

1 Like

It has worked perfectly for me. Thanks for the tip. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.