Ghost windows: Application windows leave traces, popping up multiple times without closing

After updating my Kernel, I have this strange graphics issue where application windows leave traces when I drag them across the screen:

I am really thankful for any of your tipps!

I have already tried changing the graphics drivers and changing the Kernel but the issue persists. I have also tried switching from optimus-switch-sddm to optimus-manager for graphics but the issue persists.

This is my system information. Everything is up to date when I run sudo pacman -Syu.

$ pacman -Q | grep headers
linux-api-headers 5.8-1
linux58-headers 5.8.11-1

$ mhwd-kernel -li
Currently running: 5.8.11-1-MANJARO (linux58)
The following kernels are installed in your system:
   * linux58

$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=ManjaroLinux
DISTRIB_RELEASE=20.1.1
DISTRIB_CODENAME=Mikah
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Manjaro Linux"

$ mhwd -li
> Installed PCI configs:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    video-nvidia-418xx            2019.10.25               false            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

Although you did provide some decent information already, an inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU you have, …

1 Like