Ffmpeg-rk package versioning

I have Pinebook Pro, and I just found out there are some rockchip specific packages. So, I installed mpv-hwdec and ffmpeg-rk. It is working for me, but I think there are some serious packaging problems (ffmpeg-rk can not be installed without forcely deleting ffmpeg), so here are my suggestions.
ffmpeg-rk provides ffmpeg v4.4 and there are already ffmpeg package and ffmpeg4.4 which can be installed in parallel. Is it possible that ffmpeg-rk is marked to replace ffmpeg4.4 and therefore that it can be installed in parallel with ffmpeg (which is currently 6.04)?
Also mpv-hwdec is not marked to conflict with mpv.

1 Like

Hi @spikerguy,

Is this a workable solution? Sounds logical.
With this method, then we can have current Chromium working when ffmpeg-rk is being installed. Currently, when we install ffmpeg-rk we loose the use of Chromium.

I highly doubt that but as the current ffmpeg is on a different version that it sounds logical to give it a try.

It should conflict but if it doesn’t then I must have missed something in the pkg.

Anyways it’s been sometime since i updating the whole stack.

Will look into this soon.

Thanks.

1 Like

Any news on this?

Yes I will update all the pkgs during the weekend.

Thank you. So, it means that it will be possible to have ffmpeg-rk as 4.4 and ffmpeg as 6.X version, installed in parallel?

No but it means kodi will be built with its own ffmpeg version so it won’t depend on host pcs ffmpeg.

Indirectly kodi with hwdec with work plus other pkgs which need ffmpeg6 will work too.

1 Like

Hi @spikerguy,

For Amlogic devices do we install kodi -20.0-7 or kodi-aml package? On the Unstable Repo, kodi-aml is still the old (03-Mar-2023) version.

Does it also mean ffmpeg-m2m and mpv-hwdec need to be “un-install” for Chromium and other packages that need ffmpeg6?

kodi-rk still depends on ffmpeg-rk, which still conflicts with ffmpeg, which, on my system, can not be removed due to some dependencies (ffmpeg-rk does not provide everything ffmpeg does), so as a result kodi-rk can not be installed, unless ffmpeg is forcefully removed.
Also mpv-hwdec still does not conflict with mpv, so when I try to install mpv-hwdec it does not offer to remove mpv, I have to remove it manually. And finally mpv-hwdec does not depend on ffmpeg-rk, does that mean that it has hw decoding without ffmpeg-rk installed?

Thanks for the information.

I think mpv-hwdec should conflict with mpv, i will add conflict to the pkg then.

For kodi-rk we need ffmpeg-rk without it there is no hw decoding.

Great.

Let me try to update the pkg tonight.

I tried ffmpeg and ffmpeg-m2m with provide=('ffmpeg=4.4')

It does not have conflict but most of the files already present in ffmpeg which throws file already exist error on installation, but I found a way to fix it.

Hope it works fine.

1 Like

I am a new user with a quartz64a board. I have tried to install ffmpeg-rk on both Manjaro 23.02 and it is demanding ‘libdav1d.so=6-64’ which does not exist, only 'libdav1d.so=7 version exist .
How to solve this?
tried to downgrade to manjaro 20:23 even more conflicts then.

I want to test obs with HWaccelration.

@spikerguy needs to rebuild it.