Getting peerguardian to install

getting peerguardian to install. to the best of my knowledge I have all the dependencies yet something in the make file fails, any help appreciated

It appears the PeerGuardian project is dead. There haven’t been any commits on SourceForge since 2016.

latest update to the sourcforge was in 2019 yes I know it’s old however still works on debian distro’s and the reason I would like to get it working i usually like blocking all the unnecessary IP’s as usually I can have a system only last a month without

yes, there is a build() error. maybe you try an older version of make.
i compiled it over a year ago and had a small error during compiling but it works fine even
without gui error messages.

yes there is an idea however I’m still learning the ropes and would like to know how to do so

When requesting help it is beneficial to post the error messages you see…

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [Makefile:553: pgld] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/****/peerguardian-code/pgld' make: *** [Makefile:545: install-recursive] Error 1

i’m trying to compile:

checking for lupdate… no
checking for lupdate5… no
checking for lupdate-qt5… no
configure: error: Qt lupdate Compiler not found!
==> FEHLER: Ein Fehler geschah in build()

if I recall correctly I had to install qt5-tools or maybe some other compiler to get past that hump

edit: I also installed qt4 just in case

sorry, i can’t figure out what’s going wrong. happens on my arch too.
i just remember using older versions of make and qt4 (earlier version than qt4-4.8.7-29.1)
without having qt5-tools installed. pgl-2.3.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz—275.86 K—20.03.2019

any solution how to compile?

compiling from the aur I can only get to here

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:554: pgld] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/pamac-build-jute/pgl/src/pgl-2.3.1/pgld'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:549: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/pamac-build-jute/pgl/src/pgl-2.3.1'
make: *** [Makefile:460: all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

usually getting the aur gets the dependencies and from there I compile from source with the same effect

same error here. i’m no expert. i think the PKGBUILD is outdated and doesn’t suit to the
packages/compiler involved. the only way is to ask the maintainer to update his PKGBUILD.

I hate to necro post but I don’t want to create another topic as this one is still ongoing.
the aur has a comment to have a patch for this very problem yet there are no instructions for the patch