Getting mangohud to work in game for Cyberpunk 2077

Hi all,

I recently found out about mangohud and wanted to try and get it to display on cyberpunk 2077 while I play it on Steam with Proton, but the usual command that I’m finding online doesn’t seem to be working.

I’m inputting into the Properties Launch Options field

MANGOHUD=1 %command%

I have also tried mangohud=1 %command% and also mangohud %command%

None of these seem to work, the game won’t even launch with these commands inputted.

Any insight or help regarding this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance Manjaro community!

Do you install mangohud,mangohud-common and lib32-mangohud from the AUR?

If so,can you try running the terminal this to test if its working

mangohud glxgears
2 Likes

Thanks for the response! I only installed mangohud as I was unaware of the mangohud-common and lib32-mangohud packages. I’ll install those when I get home, but I don’t have a command set up to run cyberpunk specifically, as I usually access it through Steam’s GUI, thusly I was trying to put the aforementioned commands into their Launcher Command section. It worked for preventing the game launcher window from popping up (I was having issues with that launcher window just being a black window…) but this command isn’t working for some reason.

I’ll install those other packages when I get home (at work ATM) and try it out. Again, thank you!

Yes,thats the way you do to have mangohud working in games on steam,through the launch options,so you just need to install the packages i said above.

1 Like

Awesome, just got home and got mangohud working. Took a bit to figure out how to set it up so it displayed temps as well, and apparently the order to tell it not to call the initial launcher window was important to. I did a little bit of customization, here’s what I have so far:

MANGOHUD_CONFIG=“cpu_temp,gpu_temp,background_alpha=0.2, font_size=16, round_corners=5.0” mangohud %command% --launcher-skip

I know it’s a bit off the original topic, @XRaTiX but I was wondering if you could tell me how to get it to not display the default graph and cpu/gpu usage %, I literally just want it to display the temps and the fps (and maybe change the color of the displayed text, but I’ll play with that on my own).

I know mangohud has some good documentation on their github, but if you could just tell me how to get the graph and the usage percentages to disappear I would be ever the more grateful.

Thanks so much. You have been super helful.

I think there is no way to only display temps,you need to have cpu/gpu usage as well.

You can use goverlay-bin from the AUR,is a graphical way to manage Mangohud as well other tools,I was playing around and I think this is the setup you want

################### File Generated by GOverlay ###################
fps_limit=60
toggle_fps_limit=F1
vsync=1
gl_vsync=0
legacy_layout=false
gpu_stats
gpu_temp
gpu_text=GPU
cpu_stats
cpu_temp
cpu_color=2e97cb
cpu_text=CPU
io_color=a491d3
vram_color=ad64c1
ram_color=c26693
fps
engine_color=eb5b5b
gpu_color=2e9762
wine_color=eb5b5b
frame_timing=0
frametime_color=00ff00
media_player_color=ffffff
background_alpha=0.4
font_size=24
background_color=020202
position=top-right
text_color=ffffff
toggle_hud=Shift_R+F12
toggle_logging=Shift_L+F2

This should be in ~/.config/Mangohud/Mangohud.conf,then you just need mangohud %command% --launcher-skip and will display something like this

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.