Gedit crashes when opening search field in open / save dialog

Storing the logs for another case I wrote, I experienced a strange behaviour from gedit. When opening or saving a file and accidentially typing (expecting to be in the filename dialog but being the the file path dialog) it goes into the search dialog and crashes.

Gedit gives the following logs but I don’t suppose it crashes because of missing spellcheck libraries (whiche aren’t missing by the way, hunspell is installed).

(gedit:7639): libenchant-WARNING **: 08:45:37.107: Error loading plugin: libhspell.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(gedit:7639): libenchant-WARNING **: 08:45:37.107: Error loading plugin: libaspell.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(gedit:7639): libenchant-WARNING **: 08:45:37.107: Error loading plugin: libnuspell.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(gedit:7639): libenchant-WARNING **: 08:45:37.107: Error loading plugin: libvoikko.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(gedit:7639): libenchant-WARNING **: 08:45:37.108: Error loading plugin: libhspell.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(gedit:7639): libenchant-WARNING **: 08:45:37.108: Error loading plugin: libaspell.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(gedit:7639): libenchant-WARNING **: 08:45:37.108: Error loading plugin: libnuspell.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(gedit:7639): libenchant-WARNING **: 08:45:37.108: Error loading plugin: libvoikko.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
zsh: killed gedit

Are you fully up to date?
Heres sorting mirrors first;

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syu

It seems I was not. I run updates whenever the update manager shows me that updates are available. After running that update, it seems the problem is gone.

I ran this a few days ago. But why the sourcelist upgrade. Do they change that often?

If you mean sorting the mirrors … no not really.
But I had no way of knowing if you ever did it … and it should have also ensured the use of a synced mirror.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.