Full corectrl features not unlocked

First off i apologize if this isn’t the correct place to put this, I’m a newbie in basically everything concerning linux and forums and i couldn’t even post on the introduce yourself thing.

I installed manjaro 21.0.7 KDE alongside windows 10 earlier this morning and i tried to set it up for all the things i need it for. Everything works except corectrl, i read the readme on the gitlab page and added the boot parameter to allow all advanced features, however upon rebooting those features are not unlocked, i even double checked to see if i forgot to save the file or something but the parameter is still there.
I checked a youtube video and everything i did was the same except a few lines after the command

sudo update-grub

the output was the same except these lines:

Warning: os-prober will be executed to detect other bootable partitions.
Its output will be used to detect bootable binaries on them and create new boot entries.
Found Windows Boot Manager on /dev/sda2@/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi

I’m not sure what the problem is

The whole output is this:

Generating grub configuration file ...
Found theme: /usr/share/grub/themes/manjaro/theme.txt
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-5.4-x86_64
Found initrd image: /boot/amd-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-5.4-x86_64.img
Found initrd fallback image: /boot/initramfs-5.4-x86_64-fallback.img
Warning: os-prober will be executed to detect other bootable partitions.
Its output will be used to detect bootable binaries on them and create new boot entries.
Found Windows Boot Manager on /dev/sda2@/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
Adding boot menu entry for UEFI Firmware Settings ...
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin
done

this is the grub line where i added the parameter

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet udev.log_priority=3 amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffffffff"

I’m running kernel version 5.4.131-1

Thank you in advance

Those lines are not indicative of a “problem” per se, you just get informed that os-prober is running (it’s needed to detect other oses in a multiboot environment but considered unsafe by upstream and disabled per default).

This looks fine to me. Did you regenerate the grub config and rebooted afterwards?

$ sudo update-grub

To check the currently used boot parameters you can

$ cat /proc/cmdline

I did regenerate grub and rebooted, the parameters also show after checking them with that command, the output is

BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.4-x86_64 root=UUID=ad0e6ab5-b366-4ff8-84f1-1f84c0377bb8 rw quiet udev.log_priority=3 amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffffffff

Edit: forgot to mention that the parameters even show up when on the grub menu when i select manjaro and press E, the parameters are definitely there however corectrl doesn’t seem to know

The parameter is configured correctly.

Perhaps that kernel is too old to have it working as expected. Try a newer one like the latest LTS:

$ sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux510

Yes! that was the solution, thank you very much :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.