FTP login failed with error "/usr/sbin/vsftpd: Relink `/lib64/libnss_myhostname.so.2' with `/lib64/librt.so.1' for IFUNC symbol `clock_gettime'"

Hi,
The story is that initially, I tried to test some ftp functions in Python with ftplib, but whenever I try to login, it gave me ftplib.error_proto with the following error

ftplib.error_proto: /usr/sbin/vsftpd: Relink `/lib64/libnss_myhostname.so.2' with `/lib64/librt.so.1' for IFUNC symbol `clock_gettime'

Therefore, I tried to see if I can login the FTP with the ftp command in the terminal, but got the same result.

ftp ftp.dlptest.com                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           ✔ 
Connected to ftp.dlptest.com.
220 Welcome to the DLP Test FTP Server
Name (ftp.dlptest.com:o0331dobe): dlpuser
331 Please specify the password.
Password: 
/usr/sbin/vsftpd: Relink `/lib64/libnss_myhostname.so.2' with `/lib64/librt.so.1' for IFUNC symbol `clock_gettime'
ftp: Login failed.
Remote system type is Login.
ftp> bye
215 UNIX Type: L8

Just wondering what might be the issue?
Cheers.

I noticed that my computer don’t have vsftpd installed, but after I installed and started the service, still the same result.

ftp ftp.dlptest.com                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           ✔ 
Connected to ftp.dlptest.com.
220 Welcome to the DLP Test FTP Server
Name (ftp.dlptest.com:o0331dobe): dlpuser
331 Please specify the password.
Password: 
/usr/sbin/vsftpd: Relink `/lib64/libnss_myhostname.so.2' with `/lib64/librt.so.1' for IFUNC symbol `clock_gettime'
ftp: Login failed.
Remote system type is Login.
ftp> bye
215 UNIX Type: L8

Looks more like a problem with the sever not with the client. Can you try a different sever for your test?

Thanks for your suggestion. I’ll find a public FTP to see if I can connect to it.