Fresh install, getting error when updating the system and installing new programs

Hello I have a fresh install here, and got many errors when updating the system. Downloading the around 1,5GB update was so slow, then I tried a USB thethering with my phone and not sure why it was much faster. After the update, internet was not working, I had reviously cofigured gufw as public, changed to home and the internet was working again.
Now after after new program I install I get a message “impossible to block database”.
Let me know if some logs are needed.
Thanks in advance

On a new install the mirrorlist is copied from the install medium. That list is a randomized list created when the iso was build - which may not be optimal for your location

The message about ‘block database’ is more likely ‘lock database’ and will occur if the previous package transactions were ended abruptly.

Remove the file /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

sudo rm -f /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

Then generate a more reasonable mirrorlist

sudo pacman-mirrors --continent

After the regeneration run a full system sync

sudo pacman -Syyu

Then you may install the packages you need

1 Like

Thanks, it solved my problem. And thanks also for explaining how it works on a new ISO install.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.