Fresh install, extremely slow Ethernet download speeds

Hi, I just installed Manjaro for the first time. I am dual booting it on my Thinkpad T15 with Windows 10. I am experiencing very slow speeds on my Ethernet connection - I’m pretty sure it’s some type of network configuration error because I have tried reconfiguring my pacman mirrors and I’m getting the same slow speeds no matter what I’m doing. Normally I get speeds around 500Mbps, but I’m getting 0.25Mbps on everything in Manjaro. WiFi speeds are normal - around 15-20Mbps - so in the meantime I’m just using WiFi, but I’d like to learn how to fix this issue.

inxi -F output:

System:    Host: laptop Kernel: 5.13.19-2-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.22.5
           Distro: Manjaro Linux
Machine:   Type: Laptop System: LENOVO product: 20W4002PUS v: ThinkPad T15 Gen 2i serial: <superuser required>
           Mobo: LENOVO model: 20W4002PUS v: SDK0J40697 WIN serial: <superuser required> UEFI: LENOVO
           v: N34ET44W (1.44 ) date: 10/08/2021
Battery:   ID-1: BAT0 charge: 57.9 Wh (99.7%) condition: 58.1/57.0 Wh (101.9%)
CPU:       Info: Quad Core model: 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 bits: 64 type: MT MCP cache: L2: 8 MiB
           Speed: 837 MHz min/max: 400/4200 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 837 2: 986 3: 932 4: 945 5: 844 6: 841
           7: 495 8: 827
Graphics:  Device-1: Intel TigerLake-LP GT2 [Iris Xe Graphics] driver: i915 v: kernel
           Device-2: Chicony Integrated Camera type: USB driver: uvcvideo
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.13 driver: loaded: modesetting resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel Xe Graphics (TGL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 21.2.3
Audio:     Device-1: Intel Tiger Lake-LP Smart Sound Audio driver: sof-audio-pci-intel-tgl
           Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.13.19-2-MANJARO running: yes
           Sound Server-2: PulseAudio v: 15.0 running: yes
           Sound Server-3: PipeWire v: 0.3.38 running: yes
Network:   Device-1: Intel Ethernet I219-V driver: e1000e
           IF: enp0s31f6 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: ....
           Device-2: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX210/AX211/AX411 160MHz driver: iwlwifi
           IF: wlp9s0 state: down mac: ....
Bluetooth: Device-1: Intel AX210 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb
           Report: rfkill ID: hci0 state: up address: see --recommends
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 476.94 GiB used: 8.56 GiB (1.8%)
           ID-1: /dev/nvme0n1 vendor: SK Hynix model: HFS512GDE9X081N size: 476.94 GiB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 94.63 GiB used: 8.52 GiB (9.0%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/nvme0n1p7
           ID-2: /boot/efi size: 256 MiB used: 36.2 MiB (14.1%) fs: vfat dev: /dev/nvme0n1p1
Swap:      ID-1: swap-1 type: partition size: 977 MiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) dev: /dev/nvme0n1p4
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 36.0 C mobo: N/A
           Fan Speeds (RPM): fan-1: 2272
Info:      Processes: 259 Uptime: 4m Memory: 15.36 GiB used: 1.96 GiB (12.8%) Shell: Zsh inxi: 3.3.08

I have disabled Fast startup, I have reconfigured my pacman mirrors:
sudo pacman-mirrors --country all --api --protocols all --set-branch stable && sudo pacman -Syyu
sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack && sudo pacman -Syyu

I have made sure the connection isn’t limited in network manager, tried turning on auto negotiation and that didn’t help.

I have been reading many forum posts with similar issues, most of them seem to have a Realtek network device. I’m not really sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance.

You dont either.
Well … at least not your ethernet.

Also … I notice you used inxi -F … which means your mac address and other things are showing.

It is helpful to know it is all anything over ethernet and not just the mirrors … but if the connection speed in general is bad … sorting the mirrors isnt going to help much. Its just the mirrors for downloding packages from the repos - it wont fix your internet :wink:

And lastly … something to try … there is a bug that might be yours with some possible workarounds.

First see if you have the module mei_me:

lsmod | grep mei

If so … lets try blacklisting it:

echo 'blacklist mei_me' | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-mei.conf > /dev/null