Freefilesync Not Working Correctly After Arch/Manjaro Updates

Update - 5.10 works fine in any live usb environment whatsoever. Also works fine in debian based distros, such but SID, Arch, Manjaro, Elementary etc etc once updated to latest packages FFS freezes at the same point in the usage procedure irrespective of 5.10 or 5.12 kernel so SOMETHING within the large number of update packages after installation is causing the problem. Stress that, apart from Pure Arch (for obvious reasons) every other live usb FFS works absolutely fine then still works fine upon installation UNTIL the updates are installed, then it fails.

I have the same issue. How can we debug this?

I am using current XFCE Manjaro with a Ryzen 4800H (no additional GPU). Since it is a laptop, I cannot change the GPU and I do not have an eGPU.

Dave, are you using the iGPU of your 4300ge?

I suspect this is related to the mesa drivers combined with AMD iGPUs for two reasons:

• For me FFS freezes the screen completely for 5 seconds, screen goes black for one second and returns back with only the cursor being active. It is just a guess, but it seems related to graphics/rendering.
  • The mesa drivers released at about the same time also broke other graphics related software, for example FreeCAD, see here on the Manjaro forum:
    Many AppImages have stopped working after today's update :/