Forum visibility

A direct link to the Manjaro forum in the Manjaro site header and/or footer might be welcomed.

While you and I may prefer to check a forum first, it’s not a universal preference. Thus, TWO clicks to the forum–with the first listing all help options–doesn’t seem very cumbersome.

Especially not when you consider the number of “read the wiki” replies here. It only makes sense then that the Manjaro and Arch wikis be given equal status. Along with the paid option.

There are links in the footer, but we could make it a little bit more visible in the Forum. Perhaps in the left “Sidebar” with “Support Us” down after “Messages” with those links:

I use the Manjaro Open Collective for it :smile: .

I think that there are people, like me, that want to contribute because the Forum helps to solve their problems or because they are learning more or something else… But sometimes they are not in the mood to roll down the page to the footer.

I believe by improving the visibility, it could help Manjaro to keep its projects healthy and motivate it to improve far beyond.

:vulcan_salute:t2: May the Force Live with You, Long and Prosper :milky_way:.
Did I use it right? :blush:


Mod note:- @RuKsu - I have consolidated your topic post with this thread to keep things neat. There’s no need for multiple threads on the same topic. Regards.

Just to clarify, by “forum visibility” I referred more to enabling those who might not even be aware there is an official Manjaro forum, to find it more easily.

Having a direct link perhaps in the footer (which appears on virtually every page) of the main manjaro.org site might go some way toward that goal.


However, with regard the forum, changes are limited to an extent, until the forum software is finally updated to the current version.


Regards.

Hey there.

I appreciate that, making the Forum more organized but, I think both suggestions are a little bit different.

The soundofthunder‘s suggestion is related to adding Forum’s link onto manjaro.org Header Main Page, which I strongly agree with.
Mine suggestion, in the other hand, is to get the Support Us Section, that is located in the Forum’s footer and replicate it into the Forum’s Sidebar, represented by that “hamburger” icon, for instance, it could be in the sequence like bellow:

Manjaro
Categories
Tags
Messages
Support Us

But there was a catch! I made a mistake in the title “Support Us” Forum Visibility it should be ”Support Us” Section Visibility in the Forum or just ”Support Us” Visibility. I’m sorry about that.

I wrote and posted that topic without reading it 2 or 3 times or even more, and that is wrong. I think, when speaking, typing, to a Forum, I need to try to certify that it will be almost 100% understandable. My apologies.

Yeah I understand that, some changes are not that simple because of that.

Well, everything is fine, our purpose here is to help Manjaro to be a better SO OS, Distro, Forum, Projects…

:vulcan_salute:t2: May the Force Live with You, Long and Prosper :milky_way: .