Fonts all screwd up in foot terminal (pbp)

foot terminal warning:Noto Sans Regular:font does not appear to be monospace;check config…
,and why does changing dpi setting in wdisplay doesn’t stay persistent after reboot?

… can you please try to be even more terse?
To convey as little information as possible?
… while expecting others to help you
(or hoping for that help)
with a problem you have …
^^

yes ,I will do my best,lol …!

good - I was just looking at your previous activity - and it fits the same pattern

might have been the reason for getting the large amount of responses that you got :grinning:

…and sofar Arch runs way smoother than manjaro so I’ll stick with that smarty boy!

… and so do I, my slightly salty friend :grinning:
who is still asking questions here, but does not take the time to include vital information

you could have taken the time to clarify your question instead of snickering

bye now!

You answered your own question. Use monospace font.

Hi @josmo~

I also encountered a similar problem with my foot terminal, it displays the same message as you described

My PBP has a manjaro-arm sway stock installation.

Config files tracing

If you look at the contents of ~/.config/sway/config.d/99-autostart-applications:

exec --no-startup-id foot --config=$theme/foot.ini --server

you can see that foot is started in server mode and it pulls its configuration from $theme/foot.ini. The $theme variable is defined in /etc/sway/definitions as:

set $theme /etc/sway/themes/matcha-green

Checking the contents of /etc/sway/themes/matcha-green/foot.ini you can see that the font name is set to be:

font=TerminessTTF Nerd Font Mono:pixelsize=18:fontfeatures=ss01

which is wrong. It appears that the name got changed on the latest package update.

The fix

Running fc-list | grep Terminess you can see the new name of the font:

/usr/share/fonts/TTF/TerminessNerdFontMono-Regular.ttf: Terminess Nerd Font Mono:style=Regular

You can change the contents of /etc/sway/themes/matcha-green/foot.ini to

font=Terminess Nerd Font Mono:pixelsize=18:fontfeatures=ss01

And you will see the foot terminal display the good font from the stock installation :slight_smile:

You can alternative modify ~/.config/sway/config.d/99-autostart-applications and have foot pull its configuration from the more standard place ~/.config/foot/foot.ini and provide your own one.

2 Likes