Flickering mouse cursor on wayland

I booted the latest (from github) Manjaro KDE on a Pi-5. It booted quite quickly. However, i was immediately greeted with a flickering mouse cursor. The cursor even vanishes unless i move the mouse. That was an issue with KDE-5 wayland on Pi-5 also. I do not remember having this issue on Pi-4. And also, it goes away if i switch to X11. I would think that the latest KDE Plasma (6) would have solved these issues but i guess i was wrong.

Today i tried the latest (nightly) version of Manjaro ARM (for RPI-4) on a RPI-5. The mouse cursor is still flickering and disappearing. Is it because this is still a RPI-4 release? Other than that it actually works quite well.

I have had that issue in the past and disabling Window Compositing fixed it for me. I always keep it disabled and have not tested with it enabled in a long time.

Is that even possible to do under Wayland? I also disable compositing on X11 but as far as i know, it is not possible to do in wayland.

Not sure as I do not do KDE of any sort (not a fan of KDE and rpi) but seems like there was something similar mentioned a long time ago with the flickering mouse issue with it.

Additional 2024-09-22:

Some one has the same issue and opened an issue on the RPi kernel github. If I were you I would post there also to confirm it so they know more than one has the same issue.

https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/6381