Flickering display.

Im actually think so.

Maybe try to save this file in your home folder somewhere or even better create a new file that you dont have to overwrite it?

It was 3years ago… i really not 100% sure how i fixed that :frowning:

1 Like

There is nothing to overwrite. Like I said before, there is no such file in the path suggested by x-server settings.

I thought settings files had to be at the suggested path to work thats why I never tried to save it elsewhere.

The icing on the cake is, when I try to save it in my documents folder it asks for the pw and then again prompts the same error message… This is disconcerting.

I found this old video guide again :slight_smile:

Im actually dont have this 20-nvidia.conf saved that he recommend, but maybe it helps.

Im just happy that it works for me, so i dont want to mess around to much with my system.

If this guide dont help, i will look deeper in my system.

1 Like

No matter what name, what destination I keep getting the same error. Sudo or not sudo makes no difference either.

I also tried creating the file first but then it just adds the word “parse” to the error.

Those are the days when I really hate Linux.

Really strange, i cant remember i run this heavily into issues as i was new to Manjaro and was fighting the nvidia xserver :smiley:

Are you using KDE too, maybe there is a differend issue because you have xfce?

There are other options also, like merge and preview… did you try them out yet?

I also recommend to create a timeshift backup befor you run in other problems when messing around… just in case.

Edit:

Wait a second… you only change Powermizer right?

Or do you change something else? So you only have to click on the Quit button.

There is no file save request for me… only when i do changes with my Monitor:

Where is also a button called Save to X Configuration file, where you run into this problems right? You don’t have to save your settings with that button for Powermizer.

1 Like

KDE

Preview said it created the config file. Since I dont know where or it’s name I wouldnt know if it did. Certainly not using the name the app suggests.
Merge is greyed out.

I am activating “Force full composition pipeline”
Quit saves it just for this session. I wish it wouldnt be disabled after every restart. It is pretty retarded.

I just see you had created your own topic 3 hours before, not sure it was a good idea to talk about all this problems in this topic here… maybe we should swap there… Anyways…

So your actual problem is not this changes got instant rejected, your actually main issue right now it is not loading again after a system restart… right?

1 Like

Yes.

Since the flickering is a driver bug my “flickering thread” is obsolete I guess. I forgot to delete it (if that is even possible) yesterday evening.

Trying to change/save/reload the settings via bash files might be nice but I’ve never used one of those and ofc failed :slight_smile: But I answered there anyways