Flatout 2 (GOG/Linux) has no sound anymore

Hi there,

I’ve always ran Flatout 2 (GOG release, Linux version) without the slightest issue, but now there’s suddenly no sound anymore. I love this game so this is a huge bummer. Other games and applications aren’t affected.

I’ve tried reinstalling the libraries mentioned on GOG, and tried reinstalling the game, but to no avail. I’ve ran some system updates since the last time I played, but other than that I haven’t made any changes (as far as I remember).

I’m sure there should be some solution to this problem, but as I’ve never ran into sound issues I wouldn’t know how (I’m using pulse audio). Could you please assist?

Thank you!

You’re not the only one, it seems.

You are a bit mixed up Fallout and Flatout :grinning:
Also Flatout 2 is working natively in Linux i.e. without Proton or Wine.

Ha ha, oops. It appears the GOG “native” version is a wine wrapper. It might actually be better to use the Windows version with Proton. It’s got a Platinum rating on protondb.

Oh really? Not so native after all then. I’ll give it a shot, and let you know if it works. Thanks!

It’s been a while, I was rather busy. Sorry.

I eventually managed to resolve the issue after a bunch of trial and error. Problem can be resolved the following way:

1. Install the game using the regular GOG Linux installer
  2. Manually add it to Lutris (do not import it)
  3. Install the Lutris 4.15 version of Wine (under “manage versions”)
  4. Configure the game (FlatOut2.exe, not *.sh) to run trough this version of wine
  5. Turn off Esync, Fsync, and DXVK
  6. Game will now run the way it should!!
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.