FLAC playback in DeaDBeeF not working after last update

It is only DDBF that won’t play flac files - SMPlayer and VLC work fine.

The log says:

loading plugin /usr/lib/deadbeef/flac.so
dlopen error: libFLAC.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
trying /usr/lib/deadbeef/flac.fallback.so…
plugin flac.so not found or failed to load

It is version 1.9.1-1 (AUR).

I go to the directory /usr/lib/deadbeef and flac.so appears to be present. :unamused:

Easy fix?
Thanks

the aur is on 1.9.2-2. rebuild it.

2 Likes

Thanks.
I will try to do the rebuild manually - I should be able to figure it out with some study - but shouldn’t the package manager have the up to date version?

The new libflac is present (libFLAC.so.12), the one which was present at build time is no longer

btw, the updated pkgbuild was already out when you posted

sudo pacman -Syu base-devel git --needed
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/deadbeef.git
cd deadbeef
makepkg -SicC

btw the plugin you have installed is in gtk2, consider switch to gkt3

1 Like

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by that.

Running the commands you give I am prompted to download ~500mb of data. Is this doing some drastic overhaul of my system, shouldn’t Deadbeef be smaller than that? One package is called “linux519-5.19.14-1-x86_64” - is that updating my kernel? I am running 5.19.14-1 and just chose to update to 6.0.0-1 .

Okay in the package manager settings under “3rd party” and “check for updates” I flicked the switch to “on”. Now my updater informs me that there is an update for Deadbeef! :grinning: Maybe this is what is meant by PKGBUILD :thinking:

Hopefully these updates don’t break something else :wink:
Thank you for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.