Firefox won't open

Hi, Firefox won’t start with the default-release profile. If it try to open it twice I get a window called “Close Firefox” saying “Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To use Firefox, you must close the existing process, restart your device, or use a different profile”. The only of those which works is using a different profile. However I then don’t have the cookies I had in the normal profile. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Can you post the output, when you start Firefox on console ?

“However I then don’t have the cookies I had in the normal profile. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?”

Copy cookies.sqlite and cookies.sqlite-wal from the old profile to the new profile.

Open Firefox in safe-mode:

firefox --safe-mode

Open about:support in your address bar and click on “clean up firefox” or similar.

There was no output.

great tip, support link which was posted includes how to migrate important data from one profile to another which I’ll try doing.

safe mode didn’t work

My old profile started working again amidst trying these, most likely it had to do with lock files, it however didn’t work immediately after deleting them the first time.

tl;dr;
works now, not really sure why. great support link by mozzila.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.