Firefox version 100.0.1-1 not launching

you need to downgrade both firefox and firefox-i18n in this case. I had to do so as well but apparently some folks haven’t had to.

Firefox Developer Edition installs and works. It’s a fix for now. Firefox sync, and you’re back up and running.

You are going to need to downgrade all the mentioned packages first, before you downgrade FF as far as i can tell, i did not have any of the language packs installed. You can prob just remove them and then re-install.

I have been using v100 since it’s release - no issues

$ inxi -S
System:
  Host: tiger Kernel: 5.17.7-1-MANJARO arch: x86_64 bits: 64
    Desktop: KDE Plasma v: 5.24.5 Distro: Manjaro Linux
Screeenshot

While there is several mention for downgrade - I’d suggest the following course of action

Switch your Plasma theming to the default Breeze and run

sudo pacman-mirrorss -aS unstable && sudo pacman -Syyu

Broken for me also.

I did a sudo pacman -R firefox-i18n-en-ca firefox-i18n-en-us firefox

followed by sudo pacman -U firefox-99.0.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst in the appropriate folder.

Firefox 100 packages got wrongly forwarded. Unstable branch has a newer toolchain. I’ve reverted the changes by deleting the overlay packages: [manjaro-packages] [BoxIt] Memo (x64). Please issue a regular sudo pacman -Syyuu to downgrade to the working firefox version.

5 Likes
    ~  firefox                                                                                                                                                 ✔ 
/usr/lib/firefox/firefox: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/firefox/firefox)
    ~  sudo pacman -Syyuu                                                                                                                                    1 ✘ 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                                    169.4 KiB  84.4 KiB/s 00:02 [###########################################################] 100%
 extra                                                                  1884.0 KiB   415 KiB/s 00:05 [###########################################################] 100%
 community                                                                 7.0 MiB  1110 KiB/s 00:06 [###########################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                                179.0 KiB   559 KiB/s 00:00 [###########################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
    ~               

That didnt work, its still saying to upgrade Packages (1) firefox-100.0.1-1

Same issue, packages are still wrong version for me as well, does it take time to propagate the mirrors maybe?

same here bro…“sudo pacman -Syyuu” not working …!!!

1 Like

Did not work for me. I used this from above. sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/firefox-100.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst /var/cache/pacman/pkg/firefox-i18n-en-us-100.0-1-any.pkg.tar.zst

Does it matter which order you put them? is it still trying to downgrade FF first by the way you have it?

I just downgraded firefox and the language pack, so I can write here: sudo downgrade firefox firefox-i18n-de firefox-i18n-en-us obviously select the language packs you have installed. The downgrade tool will present you a selection of the versions you can downgrade to. Just choose the one prior version.

And be careful about the following question to put these packages into ignore list.

i think it worked. Just change the mirror to US as below…`    ~  pacman-mirrors  4 ✘
Pacman-mirrors version 4.23.2
Local mirror status for stable branch
Mirror #1 OK 00:15 United_States Index of /manjaro/
   ~  sudo pacman -Syyuu  :heavy_check_mark:
:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 169.4 KiB 44.7 KiB/s 00:04 [###########################################################] 100%
extra 1884.0 KiB 806 KiB/s 00:02 [###########################################################] 100%
community 7.0 MiB 2011 KiB/s 00:04 [###########################################################] 100%
multilib 179.0 KiB 447 KiB/s 00:00 [###########################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade…
warning: firefox: downgrading from version 100.0.1-1 to version 100.0-1
warning: firefox-i18n-en-us: downgrading from version 100.0.1-1 to version 100.0-1
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…

Packages (2) firefox-100.0-1 firefox-i18n-en-us-100.0-1

Total Download Size: 63.32 MiB
Total Installed Size: 232.69 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: -0.26 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
`

2 Likes

Be careful if anyone downgrades to <v100. I downgraded to 99.0.1-1 and nearly lost my profile!

1 Like

So, will that trickle down to all the mirrors if we just wait a little time? I shall check back on this later.

Running pacman -Syyuu fixed it now! :smiley:

2 Likes

yup. just took some time.

You can also use the “downgrade” tool, but it have to be installed in the system.

sudo pacman -Syyuu downgraded Firefox when I changed the mirror to US. It was set “worldwide” before.