Firefox missing Forms and Autofill section, won't save address or credit card info

Hi all. New here, new to Manjaro too (previously Mint).

I’ve been having a problem with Firefox (version 100.0) where the entire “Forms and Autofill” section is missing from the Settings page (the Privacy… page). And of course since that’s missing, the corresponding features don’t work either. Specifically, I’m trying to get the browser to save my address and credit card info.

I’ve dug into this quite a bit with no luck. I’ve tried disabling all extensions. I believe it’s supposed to work with native functionality and not require an extension.

I’ve looked at these articles:

support.mozilla.org/bm/questions/1220110
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1315704
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1324732
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-doesnt-save-web-form-entries
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/automatically-fill-your-address-web-forms
wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Features/Form_Autofill

…which led me to verify that these settings are set correctly in about:config :

dom.forms.autocomplete.formautofill = true
extensions.formautofill.available = on
extensions.formautofill.creditCards.supported = on
extensions.formautofill.creditCards.available = true
extensions.formautofill.creditCards.enabled = true
extensions.formautofill.creditCards.supportedCountries = US,CA,GB,FR,DE (I'm in the US)
extensions.formautofill.addresses.supported = on
extensions.formautofill.addresses.enabled = true
extensions.formautofill.addresses.supportedCountries = US,CA
extensions.formautofill.creditCards.hideui = false

The “about:policies#active” page says “The Enterprise Policies service is inactive”, which I believe is the correct response.

The “Remember search and form history” setting is enabled.

On “about:support”, the “Internationalization & Localization” items are all set to “en-US”.

I don’t know what else to look for. Very aggravating. Does anyone know how to make this work? It was working for me under Mint just a week ago, but I just switched to Manjaro in the last few days and I’d certainly like to avoid wiping my machine clean again.

Thanks for your help.

—scott

Create a new profile and see if you can reproduce it.

Setting up a new profile FIXED the problem! So simple, I wish I would have thought of it. Thanks much.

—scott

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.