Firefox download handler UNABLE to download zips

Currently having an issue - downloading folders as ZIP files from my Google drive account.

Problem did not exist 7th January as I have several zip files downloaded at that time.

Have refreshed Firefox and went through troubleshooting to rename handlers.json as OLD but still no luck.

Have searched this forum and reddit and can’t find any useful links from Mozilla either.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix or is this a bug?

Thanks in Advance.

(Latest stable update applied but kernel is 5.15.16-1)

Very vague. Nobody can reply to that.

Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons:

firefox -safe-mode

Did you fail to read the title of my post ?

Maybe if you provide relevant information like what happens when you try to download a zip file that would explain a little bit the problem. You do what you want but without explanation it is all a guess game, it’s not helping you.

:point_up:

Thank you - that seems to work, but will that mean that I will always have to run in safe mode?

It is clear that you understood the meaning of my post.

No if the issue is resolved in safe-mode then you probably have some extension blocking the download. Find and remove it.

1 Like

It seems others are having the same issue

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1365632

I have no extensions installed - I am just using Firefox as it is shipped. The only change I made was to use another skin supplied by Firefox - perhaps resetting to default skin will resolve the issue.

Update - switching back to the default theme fixed the issue for me, thank ishaanbhimwal for your time and help.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.