Firefox Complete Freezes

Hello
a big issue with Manjaro 20.2 - installed yesterday -on some websites( Via Michelin ) with firefox : complete freeze with mouse & keyboard inactive and blinking screen !! only way to escape is SysRq i,e or b !! as I activated these functions .
Note : No swap activated ( even if existing but useless i think )as RAM now: 8 G - partition 50 Go ( no separate home )
Firefox :with ublock & privacy badger and some others config ( config as per sync as all my others distros such Arch , Mint & Debian 10)
The installation was not so easy as calamares after step "partition selection " never displayed progress bar , but the install - within 5 mn , vey fast - seems to perform correctly ; grub menu installed , all my others distros recognized and working well .
Very strange ,I already installed around 25 differents Linux and never met this matter !
I haven’t change the config except SysREq activation and fstab with additional partition mounted .
If someone has an idea to clear this totally unacceptable issue…

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Please post your system info as outlined here:

Give the outcome of

grep -oP '},"name":"\K[^"]+' ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.*default*/addons.json

Absolutely ridiculous : you don’t even grasp what swap is, thus don’t exclude it (I have 12Go RAM & swap all the time)

What is unacceptable is the way this PEBCAK issue is presented…

compliments of Jonathon:

here the outcome of mozzila addons :
koko@koko-h81mhd3 ~]$ grep -oP ‘},“name”:"\K[^"]+’ ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/addons.json
Français Language Pack
Dictionnaire français
Note : that is strange , on my others distros it appears " ublock & privacy badger" for the same command , as it’s the both addons I use ( installed trough firefox sync function ) ; these two addons are well displayed on manjaro firefox screen , like my others distros .

The issue may be that you don’t give the same command as the one I suggest :wink:

Anyhow, in addition to ublock origin, you can use localcdn, autotab discard and activate webrender, setting gfx.webrender.all & gfx.webrender.enabled to True

Not having swap can also lead to total freezes, thus I suggest systemd-swap :