Fingerprint on thinkpad problem

Can’t access to the system, I know the root password.
When I try to install fingerprint on my thinkpad, I change the file /etc/pam.d/login by adding this “auth sufficient pam_fprintd.so
auth include system-login” at the top, then now I cant acess to the system, I have try ctrl alt f4 and it can not recorgnize me finger, can someone help me.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Put the USB stick you installed Manjaro from in a USB slot, switch to a tty and press Ctrl+Alt+Del to safely reboot your system. Then, boot up from the USB stick in live mode, open up a terminal, and issue the following command… :arrow_down:

su -

After entering the live session’s root password, issue… :arrow_down:

manjaro-chroot -a

Now you are chrooted. Issue the following command… :arrow_down:

nano /etc/pam.d/login

… and delete the line you’ve added. Save the file with Ctrl+O followed by Enter, and exit nano with Ctrl+X. Leave the chroot with… :arrow_down:

exit

Reboot your system and make sure you remove the USB stick in time.

As for your fingerprint reader, I’m afraid I cannot help you with that ─ you’ll have to do your own research ─ but don’t just blindly start modifying configuration files without knowing what you’re doing. :wink:

1 Like

su - can not work, “authentication failure” :(((((

You don’t have to log in or use su. Just press Ctrl+Alt+F4. The idea is that in a tty, the Ctrl+Alt+Del keypress won’t be interpreted by the window manager, and it’ll directly but safely reboot the system.

thank you, I just found that I need to delete that line I had wrote in file sddm too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.