Failed to start Load Kernel Modules after GPU drivers tweaking

Hi, I’m on dual boot win10-manjaro kde plasma. My laptop supports nvidia optimus which works fine on windows but I had issues with it on linux, so I decided to completly disable nvidia GPU while working on linux. The past few weeks I had lots of work to do on my machine and heavy multitasking, so I decided to enable my nvidia GPU to unload the work of my CPU + being uble to playback 1080p video. (something that my intel CPU was barely doing.)

I installed nvidia open source driver for video, and uninstalled video-modesetting for intel graphics.
Now when I try to boot I get “Failed to start Load Kernel Modules”! :smiley:
All I can do is restart and shutdown.

Kernel was the latest stable recommended. (9.4 i think)
I was doing weekly backups on an external drive.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I posted here before too much troubleshooting in advance and sorry about that but I have critical work in there and I need to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!!! :sweat_smile:

Maybe this would help?

Ok, its working fine again now. With your help and this: Configure Graphics Cards - Manjaro I managed to uninstall nvidia drivers. When trying to install free or nonfree drivers for nvidia I was getting errors. I installed for intel and worked instantly. For some reason when I logged in I got 395 updates, before evn connecting to the internet, some hours ago everything was up to date. But apart from that everything seems to be fine. For now I’ll keep it with intel only.
Thank you for the help and fast response!! :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.