Failed to Start Load Kernel Module

I believe that was the one I tried using. I’m back in the Live environment now with Internet connectivity, I’m trying to work out some package dependency conflicts. I guess I’ll see how that goes. If it comes down to it, I suppose I could do a fresh install. My /home is on a physically separate disk, at least.

I’ve resolved the dependency conflicts. Now there are a bunch of warnings that all appear related to the nvidia driver. However, there’s a hook to trigger a timeshift backup that stops the upgrade from running. I’ve googled it and looked in the filesystem to try to figure out how to disable that hook for now, but I can’t find it. I assume I need to edit a .conf file somewhere?

warning: could not get file information for var/lib/mhwd/ids/pci/nvidia.ids
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libEGL_nvidia.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libGLESv1_CM_nvidia.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libGLESv2_nvidia.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libGLX_nvidia.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libcuda.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libnvcuvid.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libnvidia-encode.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libnvidia-fbc.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libnvidia-ifr.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libnvidia-ml.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libnvidia-opticalflow.so
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libnvidia-opticalflow.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/libnvidia-ptxjitcompiler.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib32/vdpau/libvdpau_nvidia.so.460.39
warning: could not get file information for usr/share/licenses/lib32-nvidia-utils

:: Running pre-transaction hooks...
(1/4) Creating Timeshift snapshot before upgrade...

Select backup device:

Num    Device  Size  Type  Label  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enter device name or number (a=Abort): E: Invalid input

E: Failed to get input from user in 3 attempts
Aborted.
Unable to run timeshift-autosnap! Please close Timeshift and try again. Script will now exit...
error: command failed to execute correctly
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to run transaction hooks)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Search it in /etc/pacman.d/hooks or /use/share/libalpm/hooks. Rename it with adding .bak to the end of its name to disable it.

Thank you. I found it in /usr/share/libalpm/hooks. The search results I had earlier showed it in /usr/local/share/libalpm/hooks. The update ran with some warnings related to the nvidia drivers, but it completed. I’ll cross my fingers and reboot . . .

Thank you for the help. That worked and I’m back in my system. Now I just have to see if anything remains broken.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.