Failed to read AUR data

I am trying to rebuild Google Chrome as usual but I have this error:

% pamac build google-chrome                                         
Warning: Building packages as dynamic user
Warning: Setting build directory to /var/cache/pamac
Failed to read AUR data from /var/tmp/pamac/packages-meta-ext-v1.json.gz : <data>:55267:169: Parse error: scanner: unterminated string constant
Failed to read AUR data from /var/tmp/pamac/packages-meta-ext-v1.json.gz : <data>:55267:169: Parse error: scanner: unterminated string constant
Error: target not found: google-chrome

How to build Google Chome ?

The problem seems to be more general:

% pamac update -a
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Nothing to do.
Transaction successfully finished.

I have tried % sudo curl -v -L -O https://aur.manjaro.org/packages-meta-ext-v1.json.gz, it works but does not help.

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

TL:DR
The complete recipe

sudo pacman-mirrors -aS unstable
sudo pacman -Syu base-devel --needed
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/google-chrome
cd google-chrome
makepkg -i

No problems here. Have you tried:

pamac update --force-refresh

unfortunately the above does not help.

This will help; albeit, not the issue you’re having:

sudo pacman -S vivaldi

A chromium-based browser; Vivaldi is one of the better browsers you will ever use.

That is all. Cheers.

sudo pacman-mirrors -aS unstable … Yes it works. It looks like a full reinstall. Thus I updated Google Chrome from version 122 to 124. Thanks.

Then you didnt grasp what was actually happening.

You changed branches to Unstable and updated - with Stable branch being at least 6 weeks behind that meant you had upgrades for virtually every package.

(also why stable branch would not work well with AUR in the first place)

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.