Failed to open connection to session manager

Hello,
After the last stable update i have 2 new errors from journalctl -p 3 -xb on both of my 2 Manjaro/KDE Systems:

PC: Intel with Nvidia (X11 KDE):

pulseaudio[1453]: Failed to open connection to session manager: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
pulseaudio[1453]: Failed to load module "module-x11-xsmp" (argument: "display=:0 xauthority=/tmp/xauth_XzFcHs session_manager=local/koboldx-z170:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/1297,unix/koboldx-z170:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1297"): initialization failed

On my PC, im using in grub:
nvidia-drm.modeset=1

I have the almost same error message on my AMD Laptop also :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Laptop: AMD CPU/GPU (Wayland KDE):

pulseaudio[1163]: Failed to open connection to session manager: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
pulseaudio[1163]: Failed to load module "module-x11-xsmp" (argument: "display=:1 xauthority=/run/user/1000/xauth_zgLhhD session_manager=local/koboldx--tuxedopulse15:@/tmp/.ICE-unix/874,unix/koboldx-tuxedopulse15:/tmp/.ICE-unix/874"): initialization failed.

Both systems running on LTS 6.6

Someone else having this errors in journal now?
Gaming is still fine on my PC btw.

Internet Search only points a little to KDE direction… luckily i don’t really experience a problem on my system, should i ignore them?

I merged at 05/23/2024 on my PC/Laptop this 2 .pacnew files:
/etc/pam.d/kde
/etc/mkinitcpio.conf

Both my systems, doesn’t show errors after restart (2 weeks ago). But since yesterday after the new stable release update.
I don’t think that mkinitcpio had something to do with this, but maybe its the KDE file, because there is also session included. :man_shrugging:

/etc/pam.d/kde:

#%PAM-1.0

auth       include                     system-local-login

account    include                     system-local-login

password   include                     system-local-login

session    include                     system-local-login

My old settings before the change /etc/pam.d/kde:

#%PAM-1.0

auth            include         system-login

account         include         system-login

password        include         system-login

session         include         system-login

As you see, i just Merge:
system-login with system-local-login

Probably this has nothing to do with the 2 errors… i just don’t know how they appeared after the update and i asked myself if there could be a trigger delay that happen now.

The new stable update fixed this errors on both of my devices :slight_smile: :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.