Failed to install updates (texlive-basic)

When trying to update my manjaro (manjaro official repositories, not AUR) I get the following error:

target not found: texlive-basic.

Some help?

Thank you.

There was a change to texlive things some bit ago.
https://archlinux.org/news/tex-live-package-reorganization
But you should be able to find texlive-basic.
I would say to sort your mirrors … but with the very recent updates they may be syncing at the moment.

I also tried updating and kept getting issues using:
sudo pacman -Sy

output was:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                  144.6 KiB   258 KiB/s 00:01 [####################################] 100%
 extra                                   8.6 MiB  8.95 MiB/s 00:01 [####################################] 100%
 community                              29.0   B   362   B/s 00:00 [####################################] 100%
 multilib                              144.6 KiB  1555 KiB/s 00:00 [####################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirrors.vishnetwork.in : Could not resolve host: mirrors.vishnetwork.in
warning: too many errors from mirrors.vishnetwork.in, skipping for the remainder of this transaction

not sure how to correct this, any suggestions? I’m new to Linux and still learning

When I run

pamac update

I am getting the same error. However,

pacman -Syu

worked like charm.

1 Like

You clearly should update your mirrors, then.

sudo pacman-mirrors --geoip

1 Like

@lI_Simo_Hayha_Il @mithrial thanks so much for the help

1 Like

Same here, and I was running the updates because pamac has informed me on the availability of this big update.

I know I’m likely going to get some stares here for saying this, but it doesn’t reflect well on a distribution if the recommended installation via pamac, does not work, while pacman works just fine. And yes, I did refresh my mirrors first.

anyone else getting:

**ERROR**
Failed to synchronize databases

when attempting to update when notified that there’s an update on

Kernel Version 6.1.38-1-MANJARO(64-bit)

You could try pacman:

sudo pacman-mirrors --geoip
sudo pacman -Syyu
1 Like

Udating the mirrors did not solve the original problem in my case (updating mirrors in pamac-manager GUI on the top right app menu, go to preferences, “Official Repositories”, “Use Mirrors from”, below this there is a Refresh Mirrors button. it is a “world trip”, you can follow it in the log, takes 10 minutes).

though

pacman -Syu texlive 

helped.