Failed to download app

I can’t download any app
Sudo pacman -S brave

Some packages should be upgraded first...
resolving dependencies.
looking for conflicting packages. .
Packages (1) pacman-6.0.2-13
Total Installed Size: 4.84 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:
0.01 MiB
:: Proceed with installatiorn? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring
downloading required keys..
:: Import PGP key 150c200743ED46D8, "Nark Wagie (markeman jaro.org> "? [Y/n]

Can someone help?

Isn’t that self-explanatory already? You must update your system first.

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu brave-browser

I can’t i get

Error : failed to synchronize all databases (invalid url for server)

And lot of errors

When was the last time you updated your system?

I just reinstall manjaro last night

MARNING https://repo.manjaro.org C Connection: HTTPSConnectionPool (host='repo.manjaro.org', port=443) : Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by Ne
ConnectionError('(urllib3.connection,HTTPSConnec
onnection object at 0x7fa6d72b3820>: Failed to establish a new connection: Errno-3] Temporary failure in
ame resolution' ))
(hosta'wikipedia.org', ports443): Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by NewConnec
WARNING https://uikipedia,orGoeta oad72b3b80o: Filedto etablish a new connection: Errno 3i Temporary failure in name r
BARNING ttps://bi tbucket, ong 'Connection : HTTPSCannectionPool (hoet='bitbueket org' port443): Max retries exGeeded with url: / (Caused by NewConnec
tionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object
solution' ))
tionError('(urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at Ox7fa6d72b3850>: Failed to establish a new Connection:
Solution' ))
E:INFO Internet connection appears to be down
::INFO Mirror ranking is not available
::INFO Mirror list is generated using random method
::INFO Writing mirror list
:Poland
:United_States
:Italy
:Hungary
: https://nirror .math.princeton,edu/pub/man jaro/stable
//nanJat
jaro.mirror.garr.it/manjaro/stable
: https://repo.skni .umcs,pl/manjaro/stable
: https://quantum-mirror.hu/mirrors/pub/manjaro/stable
Temporary failure in name re

Who? Please copy and paste instead of attempting to type it out yourself, use OCR or AI. One of those options caused grievous spelling errors.

There’s no such package name.

❯ pamac search --repos brave
brave-browser-beta  1.59.102-1                                                                                                                                                           extra
    Web browser that blocks ads and trackers by default (beta binary release).
brave-browser  1.58.135-1                                                                                                                                                                extra
    Web browser that blocks ads and trackers by default (binary release)

I’m not typing it because i don’t have something on my laptop and i can’t install something i just take pictures of the error and make copy

And sorry about the mistakes

There’s your answer. Check your network settings and/or your network connection.

Someone know Why?

Packages (1) pacman-6.0.2-13
Total Installed Size:
Net Upgrade Size:
4.84 MiB
:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring
downloading required keys...
: Import PGP key 150c200743ED46D8, "Mark Wagie (markemanjaro.org> "? [Y/n] 

I’ve already told you.

1. Check your network connection.
  2. Update your mirrors and your system.

I check my network connection and everything work and i do the command that you give me but it i still get the same problem

Did you import the key?

Which key

That key.

No i do n every time

You have to import the key. It won’t work until you do.

I will try

error: brave-browser: signature from "Stefano Capitani (stefano@manjaro.org>" is unknown trust 
: File Ivar/cache/pacman/pkg/brave-browser-1.58.135-1-x86 64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted
want to delete it? [Yn] n
error: failed to comsit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))

If i do n or y it the same

Just exactly what image did you use for installing Manjaro? That doesn’t look like any recent installation medium to me.

I was work good with manjaro until i reinstall it that what happened

Yes, but that is not what I asked.

An unmaintained and non-updated installation can work very well for a long time, but that is not how Manjaro is supposed to be used.

Manjaro is a rolling-release distribution and must be kept up to date. Non-updated or only partly updated systems are not supported. If you cannot or don’t want to do this for whatever reason, then you should use a fixed-point distribution instead, like for instance Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Mageia, Fedora, or something similar.

If you want to reinstall Manjaro from scratch — which wouldn’t have been necessary if you had kept it updated — then you should use the most recent ISO, not an ISO that’s over a year old.

You say you reinstalled it last night. So, I ask you again, what ISO did you install with?

1 Like