Failed Thunderbird update

I just tried to update Thunberbird. But I keep getting invalid or corrupted errors.

This is the error I am getting:

resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) thunderbird-91.8.1-0.1

Total Installed Size:  194.30 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:        0.01 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                        [######################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                      [######################################################################] 100%
error: thunderbird: signature from "Mark Wagie <mark@manjaro.org>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/thunderbird-91.8.1-0.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
 -> error installing repo packages

I even tried this to make sure I had the key:

gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 43ED46D8                                                                                                               ✔ 
gpg: key 150C200743ED46D8: public key "Mark Wagie <mark@manjaro.org>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1

Yes. I get this:
Error: thunderbird: signature from “Mark Wagie mark@manjaro.org” is unknown trust

Who is Mark Wagie? :smiley:

Just try to refresh your keys with sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
Then try upgrading again… Should work… :blush:

7 Likes

that fixed it for me. Thanks.

4 Likes

key refresh fixed it. Thanks!

It worked also for me, but sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys takes a very long time, with plenty of error messages and frequent freezes…

1 Like

It only takes a couple minutes. You can ignore the errors.

2 Likes

It helped me out to ty i juest hade that proble

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))

Worked for me also. Thanks.

1 Like

@LinKostik Thank you for the advice ! It helped with me. :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.