F1 to start with bootflags doesn't work

I would like to do a test, with the aim of testing whether it is possible to turn off interrupts of the Linux kernel.

My test consists of adding nohz_full=‘0-15’ to see if the system works by deactivating the kernel’s multitasking, but I wish to do this non-permanently, and for that I activated the menu and there it asks to press F1 to start (the key does not respond, no matter how many times I press it).

I also tried nohz_full=‘1-15’ to see if it’s an error in my configuration, but it doesn’t respond to the F1 key either.

I could try editing /etc/default/grub and running grub mkconfig as a workaround, but I consider this test as risking needing to configure again with chroot.

In the grub menu, you can use the e key to edit the command line temporary.

I pressed “e” to edit the parameters.

To start, it asks you to press F1 and it doesn’t boot when I press it, I’ve tried starting like this even without changing any parameters and it doesn’t work.

I remember it being F10

What is in your picture looks different from what I see.
For me it is
TAB to get completion recommendations
CTRL-x or F10 to boot
CTRL-C or F2 for a command line
and ESC to abort

It seems to be a translation error from Grub into Portuguese, there is an instruction saying that the boot is in F1, but as stated it is wrong.

Thank you all for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.