ExpressVPN install - Fakeroot binary error

Hi there.

I have spent an hour or more trying to install ExpressVPN. I keep going through the install process via the terminal & get the following error each time:

error: Cannot find the fakeroot binary . error making: expressvpn

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks & more power to Manjaro, Ruziel :slight_smile:

Hi @ruziel,

Are you installing it from the AUR? Because, it’s in there:

$ pamac ssearch expressvpn

expressvpn-gui-gtk                                                                                                                                                                                             0.4.5-1      AUR
Unofficial linux GUI for expressvpn CLI (GTK)
expressvpn-gui                                                                                                                                                                                                 0.6.5-1      AUR
Unofficial linux GUI for expressvpn CLI (Qt)
expressvpn                                                                                                                                                                                                     3.8.0.4_1-1  AUR
Proprietary VPN client for Linux

Hello @ruziel :slight_smile:

hm… i would rather say, install it, when it is not there?

pamac install fakeroot

But anyway… AUR packages are made mainly for ArchLinux. Manjaro is based on ArchLinux and many things works, but sometimes the dependencies are different.

A big thanks to both of you. I installed “fakeroot” & everything went fine.

Much appreciated!

Ruziel :slight_smile:

Why not use OpenVPN files…?
Ok, you have to do the import for every country/server, but after that, it is much easier to use directly from your LAN connection.

You’ll need more than that. The base-devel group is required for using the AUR.

See:

Hi there. I seem to be accessing the AUR okay, using Yay. Maybe I have it already. Thanks, R.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.