Evolution 3.38 Mail Printing failing

I cant get Evolution 3.38.xx to print. I get an error:
Printing failed.

The printer replied “Printer not found”.

If I downgrade to evolution 3.36.xx and evolution-data-server to 3.36.xx printing works fine. I have even verified this in a new install in a vm. Printer is a brother laser printer using the brother-dcp-l2550dw 4.0.0-1 drivers. Printer is installed with system-config-printer.

Affirming; I am running Evolution 3.38 and get the same printer error. I can print in other applications just fine. This appears to be a new problem in Evolution.

Affirming. The problem seems to persist in version 3.40 - also when printing to a File.
Here is the error message:

The printer replied “Error opening file “/home/PATH/FILE.pdf”: No such file or directory”.

(I genericly replaced the capitalized part. Also there are some non-ASCII letters that might not be visible unless you copy-paste the error message into some text editor or word processor)

I’ve been having this problem for a while as well. I’m currently using the testing branch with Gnome, which doesn’t seem to have made a difference. Has anyone figured out how to solve this and get Evolution to print to file as a PDF?

This is a workround, not a fix.

cp /usr/share/applications/org.gnome.Evolution.desktop ~/.local/share/applications/

sed -i 's/Exec=evolution/Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution/g' ~/.local/share/applications/org.gnome.Evolution.desktop

grep -i "exec" ~/.local/share/applications/org.gnome.Evolution.desktop

The above should produce something like this

Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution %U
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c current
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution mailto:
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c contacts
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c calendar
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c mail
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c memos
Exec=env WEBKIT_FORCE_SANDBOX=0 evolution -c tasks

Printing works.

Thank you, I’ll try that.