Everything seems small

When I first installed, everything seemed fine. However, I believe it happened after I installed a NVIDIA graphics driver? All text became super tiny, like I was set to an incredibly large(?) resolution. I was able to adjust system settings to fix the issue in most places, however in some applications it doesn’t work, and sometimes I can’t adjust specific application settings to compensate. Is there a way to fix this? It’s very annoying.

I don’t know how it is in Mate, but in the settings there should be an option to set the screen resolution. Maybe you should check that. If this is too high, you could simple decrease it - although then you wouldn’t use the whole potential of your Monitor. Or is this that you already have done in the settings? It would be great to know what settings you have already tried exactly (or as exact as possible :wink: ).

Another option would be to to use fractional scaling. Your post sounds like you have already tried this because some applications maybe won’t react to it and this is some issue you are talking about, but in case you didn’t know it: Scaling In Mate - Support & Help Requests - Ubuntu MATE Community

Hello @pgrytdal :wink:

maybe this helps: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Display_size_and_DPI

It maybe easier to help if you can be more specific, are you talking about system applications, or qt applications, which ones?

Since mate is based on gtk its settings may not fix certain qt applications. One fix that works for me

fix icon sizes in QT and GTK apps by appending these lines to ~/.profile

export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0
export QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=2 
export GDK_SCALE=2
export GDK_DPI_SCALE=0.5