Error with RPI touchscreen on Manjaro ARM after update

Hello,

I’m on stable release, and just updated the system.
After Manjaro ARM update official touchscreen touch feature is no more available. I get this message with demsg :

[mika@mika-pc ~]$ dmesg | grep edt_ft5x06
[ 6.441854] **edt_ft5x06** 10-0038: supply vcc not found, using dummy regulator
[ 6.442068] **edt_ft5x06** 10-0038: supply iovcc not found, using dummy regulator
[ 6.450864] **edt_ft5x06** 10-0038: touchscreen probe failed
[ 6.451146] **edt_ft5x06**: probe of 10-0038 failed with error -5

Best regards

I believe your problem has been reported and fixed 2 weeks ago here. It appears to be the kernel. I suggest you switch to the unstable branch and install it’s kernel and and the 2 raspberrypi-bootloader packages as they go hand in hand.

You can if you want just upgrade every thing on that branch to be up to date on evrything. Things take a long time to make it’s way to the stable branch and some packages like this kernel might be bad which are fixed in a timely fashion on the unstable branch.

https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/5619

Thanks for your answers I’ll try this!! Any chance to see the patched kernel merged to stable release soon?

I do not know what the schedule is. I have been a little reserved of forcing the latest kernel kernel related packages to the other branches the last week because of the new pi5 addition breaking things with the other pi devices. They have been scrambling to get things fixed but it seems that has tapered off considerably now.

Added:

@Oneilrun I just checked and they pushed the fix a day after I compiled the last linux-rpi4 kernel. Hold off until I get the latest kernel compiled. Should take about 15 minutes or so to get the new kernel compiled and package pushed.

Updated:

I have the new packages built and pushed to the unstable branch when the mirrors sync. In addition to the new linux-rpi4-packages I also rebuilt the rpi-overlays package.

The new versions are:

linux-rpi4 6.1.57-2
linux-rpi4-headers 6.1.57-2
rpi-overlays 6.1.57-2

So check for the update in your mirror you use with:

sudo pacman -Syy
pacman -Ss linux-rpi4
pacman -Ss rpi-overlays

When the new packages show up then install:

sudo pacman -S linux-rpi4 linux-rpi4-headers rpi-overlays raspberrypi-bootloader raspberrypi-bootloader-x 

Just finished unstable update and touch is back :sweat_smile:
Reinstalling the base image (stable) and updating will give me the 6.1.57-2 ?
Thanks for all by the way

1 Like

Not sure of your question but 6.1.57-2 is only in the unstable branch.

Sorry just a mistake by me, a misunderstanding. I can now finish my chromium based gaming console project :wink:

Thanks for taken time