Error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1 during Installation

Hi! I am trying to install Manjaro 21.02.1 GNOME on my computer, I had Windows on it but it was cancelled during one of the last installations and I was using this alongside Ubuntu. I have therefore a “/”, a /boot" and a “/home” partition for Linux. During the installation I get the message:

“Installation Failed
External command finished with errors.
Command useradd -m -U -s /bin/zsh -c Name Surname username finished with exit code 127.
Output:
useradd: error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

I am a little bit stuck here, this should be a fresh installation, is the ISO damaged? How can I fix it?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello @davideconfa and welcome :wink:

But you deleted / formatted it before the installation of Manjaro, right?

The thing is, the libs in Manjaro are cutting edged updated, while Ubuntu froze them in its release. You cannot just overwrite the stuff.

I have deleted it by mistake to be true, but the installation of Ubuntu worked nonetheless.

What should I do then to install Manjaro? I don´t see this as a part of the Installer…

So you just want to replace Ubuntu with Manjaro? Then do a manual partition at the installer…

Edit the partitions, select them for re-formatting and put the correct mountpoint on them.

Housekeeping … no activity …