Error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.68: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I compiled ds9 from source and get:

ds9: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.68: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have ICU 69.1-1 and ICU 70 has released on 10.27.

It seems that this needs ICU 68, what can I do?

What you already did. :wink:

No, I am thinking about downgrading ICU in Manjaro

Bad idea. There’s a lot of important programs that rely on ICU and will break the same way if you do that.

❯ pacman -Sii icu | grep "Required By"
Required By     : 0ad  389-ds-base  aegisub  bind  boost-libs  boxit  boxit-arm  boxit-arm-server  boxit-server  brltty  calamares  calamares-git  calibre  chromium  couchdb  cutefish-settings  dotnet-runtime  dotnet-runtime-3.1  dovecot-fts-xapian  dwdiff  epiphany  fcitx  freerdp  gitlab  gnustep-base  harfbuzz-icu  haskell-text-icu  iaito  leatherman  lib32-icu  libcdr  libical  libmspub  libphonenumber  libreoffice-fresh  libreoffice-still  libretro-play  libvisio  libxml2  libzim  libzim6  manjaro-settings-manager  mapnik  megaglest  mongo-c-driver  mpd  mycroft-core  ncmpcpp  nodejs  nodejs-lts-erbium  nodejs-lts-fermium  nodejs-lts-gallium  nuspell  open-vm-tools  openrct2  percona-server  php-intl  php7-intl  postfix  postgresql  postgresql-old-upgrade  python-pyicu  python-tensorflow  python-tensorflow-cuda  python-tensorflow-opt  python-tensorflow-opt-cuda  quassel-core  r  raptor  rspamd  rz-cutter  seamonkey  sile  smbclient  tarantool  tensorflow  tensorflow-cuda  tensorflow-opt  tensorflow-opt-cuda  texlive-bin  thunderbird  tracker  tracker3  unarchiver  webkit2gtk  webkit2gtk-4.1  webkit2gtk-5.0  wpewebkit  xfsprogs  yaz  znc

Why don’t you want to use the already compiled version from AUR?
ds9-bin

You either can re-compile the program or install icu68 from the AUR AUR (en) - icu68

It builds and launch fine with ICU 69.1

By the way, it will need to be rebuilded after each major ICU version or you need to keep an old ICu library like icu68 installed

I cannot compile ds9 in AUR successfully

and ds9-bin in AUR has failed due to network error

I did and it perfectly works on my side.

1 Like

ds9 works fine here, what error do you have?

I did and it perfectly works on my side.

you can see my first comment there, so it has fixed the server problem

ds9 works fine here, what error do you have?

ERROR: A failure occurred in build(). see here

I have a comment on AUR too

I builded again successfully in clean chroot and uploaded the package to sourceforge FabioLolix-OS-Archive - Browse /Packages at SourceForge.net

1 Like

Thanks! But your compilation looks like this: (and does not support Chinese characters which would turn to blanks)

I installed icu68 and my compilation looks like this:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.