Error while configuring new-lg4ff-dkms-git

Trying to install the new-lg4ff-dkms-git drivers out of AUR so I can use the Logitec wheel in more games and getting the error below, I haven’t touched a terminal in 3 years let alone understand what its looking for, I use Linux for gaming and design work, not a tech savy person at all. Any help pointing me in the correct direction will be appreciated!

Installing new-lg4ff-dkms-git (0.3.1.r1.g0c86e59-1)...

Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/new-lg4ff/0.3.1.r1.g0c86e59/source ->
                 /usr/src/new-lg4ff-0.3.1.r1.g0c86e59

DKMS: add completed.
Error! echo
Error while configuring new-lg4ff-dkms-git
Your kernel headers for kernel 5.10.2-2-MANJARO cannot be found at
/usr/lib/modules/5.10.2-2-MANJARO/build or /usr/lib/modules/5.10.2-2-MANJARO/source.
You can use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it's located.
Error: new-lg4ff-dkms-git: command failed to execute correctly
Running post-transaction hooks...
Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
Install DKMS modules
==> Unable to install module new-lg4ff/0.3.1.r1.g0c86e59 for kernel 5.10.2-2-MANJARO: Missing kernel headers.
==> Unable to install module new-lg4ff/0.3.1.r1.g0c86e59 for kernel 5.4.85-1-MANJARO: Missing kernel headers.
==> Unable to install module new-lg4ff/0.3.1.r1.g0c86e59 for kernel 5.9.16-1-MANJARO: Missing kernel headers.
Transaction successfully finished.

Hint:

:wink:

Once again, I have no idea what that means, I do not program, I do not use terminals, I just use the operating system.

You specifically asked:

“Give a man a fish…”

Perhaps it’s time to learn it. :wink:

I full time drive a massive semi truck, I like doing that traveling the land seeing stuff, I understand though, I need to use the little bit of rest time I have troubleshooting. Don’t be the guy pushing people back to windows for asking a question man, I donate to a bunch of opensource projects because they are great, doesn’t mean I have the time nore the passion to learn the indepths of how the OS works. 14 hours a day making sure my load gets from point A to B and not murder people on the highway with whats a multi ton rolling weapon is enough.

Now you’re just being purposely difficult and dense. If you can use the AUR and apparently find what you need, you can also search Add / Remove Software for kernel headers and match your kernel version.

Again, you only asked to be pointed in the right direction. I’ve more than done so.

Ty that’s what I need to know, that this was something inside the add/remove, I figured it was in a terminal and after 4 years on Linux I learned the terminal is not a palce for me as I end up having to nuke my install as I usually bork something. You gotta remember mate, not everyone on Linux knows how this thing works, we just know its better than windows, also my knowledge of AUR is this, if I need something I saw in a article or reddit post, I go there first, people made installers for it (ty people some magic you do), if not I look for a app image, if none of those are possible then its not for me.