Error when updating: breeze-icons signature invalid

The signature for breeze-icons (5.115.0-1) is invalid. I ran into this when trying to update my system.
This is blocking me from updating. I use the Breeze theme, but it is part of kwin and it wont let me delete breeze. How should i proceed?

Download of breeze-icons (5.115.0-1) started                                                                                                                                                                      
Download of breeze-icons (5.115.0-1) finished                                                                                                                                                                     
Checking keyring...                                                                                                                                                                                      [500/500]
Checking integrity...                                                                                                                                                                                    [500/500]
Error: breeze-icons: signature from "Antonio Rojas <arojas@archlinux.org>" is invalid
Removing invalid files and retrying...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Download of breeze-icons (5.115.0-1) started                                                                                                                                                                      
Download of breeze-icons (5.115.0-1) finished                                                                                                                                                                     
Checking keyring...                                                                                                                                                                                      [500/500]
Checking integrity...                                                                                                                                                                                    [500/500]
Error: breeze-icons: signature from "Antonio Rojas <arojas@archlinux.org>" is invalid
Error: Failed to commit transaction: invalid or corrupted package:

Refresh your mirror list and do a full update, not just this one package.
There is no problem with it here.

This issue occurs when doing the full update.

Same issue after doing sudo pacman -Syyu
As far as I understand, that should refresh the mirrors and then update correct?

:: Retrieving packages...
 breeze-icons-5.115.0-1-any                                                                          6,7 MiB  4,64 MiB/s 00:01 [############################################################################] 100%
(500/500) checking keys in keyring                                                                                             [############################################################################] 100%
(500/500) checking package integrity                                                                                           [############################################################################] 100%
error: breeze-icons: signature from "Antonio Rojas <arojas@archlinux.org>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/breeze-icons-5.115.0-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] Y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I’m not entirely sure - but no: I don’t think so.
Mirrors are refreshed with
pacman-mirrors ...
or via the pamac GUI

There where also update issues I read about which required
pacman -Syuu
if I remember correctly

Looking into it, it seems that pacman -Syyu does force a mirror refresh. Mirrors - ArchWiki (#2.1)

Well, I have refreshed the mirrors and this issue still persists…

from man pacman

-y, --refresh
           Download a fresh copy of the master package database from the server(s) defined in pacman.conf(5)

That is not the same as refreshing the list of mirrors this database comes from.

btw:
pacman-mirrors is a command specific to and only available in Manjaro.
On Arch, I use reflector for this.

1 Like

Right. I had tried running pacman-mirrors before but that didnt work… So I did pacman-mirrors -f and that worked! Thanks for the help.

the command needs an option - without it it will just print the status quo

1 Like