ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!

I tried to update my package phpunit but it failed during source files validation.

==> Validating source files with sha512sums...
    phpunit-9.2.2.phar ... Passed
    LICENSE ... FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!
error downloading sources: phpunit

At its AUR page I’ve learned it should be easy to resolve if I clean the cache first. What would be the recommended way to do in general, for similar situations? I tried with pamac clean but it didn’t help.

Seems the sha512sum is wrong… as workaround replace the second long number with SKIP in the PKGBUILD. It is the license anyway.

It is already reported: AUR (en) - phpunit

3 Likes

I’ve marked the below answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (I just want to avoid even more subjective opinions being posted and confusing you even more)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most :
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.